1. Types of Information Collected
A. Personal Information.
Vaunte may ask you for some or all of the following types of information which may be identifiable to you when you register for our services, access various content or features, or directly contact the site: (i) contact information, such as your name, email address, postal address, phone number, and/or mobile number; (ii) account information such as a username and password; (iii) your age and/or date of birth; (iv) information for the purpose of authenticating yourself or your account if we have reason to believe, in our sole discretion, that you may be violating site policies or for any other reason we deem necessary; and (v) payment, billing and/or shipping information if you purchase any Paid Services or if you ship an item, (collectively “Personal Information”).
We collect and store all Personal Information you submit to us voluntarily through creating or editing your User Account and uploading or posting User Content through the Site or Services. Your username as displayed throughout the site (and so available to the public) and is connected to all of your activity on the site. Other people may be able to see your purchases, items for sale, store, feedback, ratings and any associated comments.
We reserve the right to monitor actions by Users on Vaunte, including without limitation: uploading User Content, commenting on other users’ content, the purchase or sale of User Content and the updating or sharing of Personal Information. You agree that any information disclosed to other Users may become public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose any Personal Information on the Site or through the Services.
B. Non-Personal Information
· Information Collected Automatically We automatically receive and collect information such as your IP address, the URLs of websites you arrive at Vaunte from or leave Vaunte to go to, your type of browser and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us, your operating system, your mobile provider, your mobile device, and your ISP. We may use such information to better understand how Vaunte visitors use the Site, to analyze trends, administer the website, prevent fraud, and gather broad demographic information.
2. Our Use of Your Information
Our primary purpose in collecting information, both Personal Information and other, is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. You agree that we may use your information to:
· Provide the services and customer support you request.
· Collect fees, and troubleshoot problems.
· Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities.
· Customize, measure and improve our Services, content and advertising
· Tell you about our Services, targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences.
· Compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties.
· Enable Users to share their activity, information and communications with other Users.
· Deliver the Paid Services to Users.
· Manage User accounts and provide customer support.
· Monitor and enforce our Terms of Service.
· Analyze the usage, popularity and sale of User Content posted on the Site.
· Communicate with Users about products and/or services they may be interested in.
· Verify your eligibility to use the Site.
3. Our Disclosure of Your Information
Vaunte is committed to maintaining your trust and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share information collected about you. We may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone's rights, property, or safety. Such information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
We may also share your personal information with:
· Service providers under contract who help with our business operations (we employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products and services to you).
· Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service).
· Law enforcement or other governmental officials, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity. In such events, we will disclose information relevant to the investigation, such as name, city, state, zip code, telephone number, email address, User ID history, IP address, fraud complaints, and bidding and listing history.
· Certain Vaunte’s program participants under confidentiality agreement, as we in our sole discretion believe necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringement, piracy, or other unlawful activity. In such events, we will disclose name, street address, city, state, zip code, country, phone number, email address and company name.
· Other business entities, should we plan to merge with or be acquired by that business entity
· Without limiting the above, in an effort to respect your privacy and our ability to keep the community free from bad actors, we will not otherwise disclose your personal information to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties without a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
We may sell or rent your information to third parties for marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize our services, content and advertising. If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us or participate in our ad-customization programs, simply indicate your preference or by following the directions provided with the communication or advertisement.]
5. Using Information From Vaunte
Our site enables you to share Personal Information to complete transactions. We encourage you to disclose your privacy practices and respect the privacy of other users. We cannot guarantee the privacy or security of your information and therefore we encourage you to evaluate the privacy and security policies of your trading partner before entering into a transaction and choosing to share your information. To help protect your privacy, we allow only limited access to other users' contact and shipping information to facilitate your transactions. When users are involved in a transaction, they make have access to each other’s name, email address and other contact and shipping information. In all cases, you must give other users a chance to remove themselves from your database and a chance to review what information you have collected about them.
You agree to use User information only for: 1) Vaunte’s transaction-related purposes that are not unsolicited commercial messages and 2) Using services offered through Vaunte (such as escrow, shipping, and fraud complaints), or other purposes that a user expressly chooses.
6. No Spam or Spyware
We do not tolerate spam. Make sure to set your communication preferences so we and other Users may communicate with you as you prefer. You are not licensed to add other Vaunte users, even a user who has purchased an item from you, to your mailing list (email or physical mail) without their express consent. Spamming is explicitly prohibited it by our Terms of Service. If you would like to report an incident of spamming or other unauthorized communications form other Users, please contact us at [firstname.lastname@example.org]. We maintain the right to investigate such incidents and take suitable action. We automatically scan and may manually filter messages to check for spam, viruses, phishing attacks and other malicious activity or illegal or prohibited content, but we do not permanently store messages sent through these tools.
7. Account Protection
The Personal Information we collect is stored on a secure, password-protected server and only authorized personnel have access to your Information. We use industry-standard encryption technologies with respect to the receipt and transfer of Personal Information you submit. Nevertheless, despite our best efforts, no transmission over the Internet and no data storage method can be guaranteed to be safe 100% of the time. Vaunte cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Vaunte or guarantee that your End User data stored on the Services may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our industry standard physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) we encrypt such information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). The Site is hosted on servers in the United States. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, the Personal Information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By submitting your Personal Information, you consent to its transfer and storage in the United States and its use in accordance with the purposes for which it was originally collected.
Your password is the key to your account. Use unique numbers, letters and special characters, and do not disclose your password to anyone. If you do share your password or your Personal Information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If you lose your password, you may lose substantial control over your Personal Information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify us and change your password.
8. Editing Your User Account and Personal Information
You can see, review and change most of your Personal Information by signing on to Vaunte and accessing your User Account page. You agree that you will take all measures to promptly update your Personal information if it changes or becomes inaccurate. Once you make a public posting, you may not be able to change or remove it. Upon your request, we will deactivate your User Account and remove your account from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable law. We do retain Personal Information from closed accounts to comply with law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our Terms of Service, and take other actions otherwise permitted by law.
9. Email Communications
We may use your email for both transactional (e.g., order confirmation) and promotional (e.g., newsletters, new product offerings, special discounts, special offers by Users or other third parties) purposes. Email messages we send you may contain code that enables our database to track your usage of the emails we send you, such usage includes whether the email was opened and what links (if any) were clicked. If you send an email to us, or fill out our “Feedback” form, we will collect your email address and the full content of your email, including attached files, and other information you provide. We may use and display your full name and email address when you send an email notification to a friend through Vaunte (such as in an invitation, or when sharing your content). Additionally, we may use your email address to notify you of a personal message or of notifications from us or other Users. Users may opt out of emails (except transactional) by going to their account page.
You may indicate your preference to “Opt Out” of receiving promotional communicationsby following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the promotional email you receive or by contacting us directly at [ email@example.com]. You acknowledge that it may take up to 10 days for us to process an opt-out request. However, we reserve the right to send you certain service announcements and administrative messages, without offering you an opportunity to opt out. In the case of an important message from us regarding a purchase or your User Account, we reserve the right to contact you by telephone or text message provided you have submitted such telephone and/or wireless number to us. You may opt out of such calls by updating your account preferences or removing such numbers from your Personal Information.
10. Third Parties
Except as otherwise expressly included in this Policy, this document addresses only the use and disclosure of information we collect from you. If you disclose your information to others, whether they are buyers or sellers on our sites or other sites throughout the internet, different rules may apply to their use or disclosure of the information you disclose to them. We do not control the privacy policies of third parties, and you are subject to the privacy policies of those third parties where applicable. We are not responsible for any information we do not collect. We encourage you to ask questions before you disclose your personal information to others.
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important to us. For that reason, Vaunte does not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from anyone under the age of 13.
12. California Residents
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits residents of the State of California to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please email us at [firstname.lastname@example.org] or write us at: Vaunte, Inc., Attn: Legal - California Privacy Compliance, 40 Exchange Place Suite 602, New York, NY 10005, 917-426-8286.
13. Changes to this Policy
Copyright © 2014 Vaunte, Inc. All Rights Reserved.