We all are zestfully waiting for the month of the most awaited festival in the world. It always requires vigorous preparation to celebrate this holy festival delightfully. From the dresses to foods in every part of our life we try to bring something new and fresh which will help us to create some great moments during the festival.
Today, as you have understood watching the title, we are going to talk about food. It is next to impossible to have any party without any brisket. We love this item a lot. And I believe this occasion won’t be different.
It is said that a main dish fills the stomach but the side dishes fulfills the eating experience. So to make the Texas style brisket more enjoyable let’s get to know about top six side dishes which will accomplish the brisket experience.
These recipes are easy to prepare and doesn’t take much time. So you don’t need to worry.
Creamy Corn Pudding
400 grams frozen corn (thawed), 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, 4 eggs ¼ cup flour, kosher salt, black pepper, 2 cups heavy cream, 2 tablespoons sugar, 2 tablespoons chives (chopped), 1 medium onion (chopped)
- After preheating the oven to 3500 F, Butter the baking dish of the oven.
- Now heat around 3 tablespoons butter over medium heat on small skillet. Add onion with ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper on it. Stir it until it gets softened for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Mix the cream, eggs, flour, sugar, 2 cups of the corn, the remaining butter, 1 teaspoon salt and ¹/₄ teaspoon pepper in a blender. Blend smoothly then add the onion and corn and blend it evenly.
- Now pour the blended mixture into the prepared baking dish. And bake it for 50 to 60 minutes. Don’t forget to sprinkle the chives.
Deviled Egg Potato Salad
3 (250 grams) Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces, 6 hard-boiled large eggs, peeled and chopped, 1 cup mayonnaise, 3 tbsp. yellow mustard, 4 sliced celery ribs , 1/4 cup chopped celery leaves, 6 sliced scallions , 1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, 1 medium drained pimentos, (jar diced), ground black pepper, kosher salt, sweet paprika
- In a medium saucepan simmer the potatoes with cold salted water until tender for 4 to 5 minutes. Then drain it.
- Now put mayonnaise and mustard into bowl. Mix potatoes, eggs, celery and leaves, scallions, parsley, and pimentos into the bowl. After mixing it properly season it with salt and pepper. When you are done lastly garnish with sweet paprika.
Tangy Cucumber-Dill Salad
1 English cucumber sliced, 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill, thinly sliced 1/4 small red onion, kosher salt, black pepper, 2 tablespoons vinegar, 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Take a large bowl and put dill, vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Now whisk them finely.
- Then add cucumber and onion. Now toss properly to mix that.
Carolina Barbecue Beans
450 mL can drained and rinsed pork and beans, 450 mL can drained and rinsed red kidney beans, 450 mL can drained and rinsed lima beans, 1/2 cup butter, 4 cup ketchup, 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, 1/4 cup cider vinegar, 1 clove garlic- minced, 1 medium sized onion-chopped, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon mustard, Salt
- First sauté the onion and garlic. Now add ketchup, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, cider vinegar, mustard into it. Then stir it properly until it gets blended well.
- Take a large casserole dish. Then put other remaining ingredients into the blended mixture then stir it well to mix. Now place it in hot oven which must be preheated to 3500 F. Then bake it for one hour.
South Carolina Coleslaw
Large head cabbage-chopped, 1 red bell pepper-sliced, 1 sweet onion-chopped, 1 cup grated carrot, 1 cup sugar, 1 cup apple cider vinegar, 2/3 cup vegetable oil, 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, 2 teaspoon dry mustard, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon black pepper
- First of all on a saucepan over low heat take sugar, vinegar, oil, mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper and mix these ingredients. Don’t stop stirring until the sugar gets dissolved. Now refrigerate the dressing for 25 minutes.
- Now chop the cabbage and sweet onion along with bell pepper. Cut the bell pepper into thin strips. After washing make the vegetables dry enough.
- Now put the vegetables on cold dressings and toss the ingredients to make a fine mixture. It is better to refrigerate the coleslaw for half an hour before serving. Before doing that cover the bowl with plastic wrap.
Crispy Potato Wedges
4 large potatoes, 1 cup bread crumbs, 2 tablespoons paprika, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon garlic powder, 1 tablespoon chili powder, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Combine paprika, olive oil, garlic powder, chili powder, salt, and black pepper properly and mix it finely.
- Now place the potato wedges into the baking dish and add the dressing and rub into the potatoes. Sprinkle bread crumbs over it. Don’t forget to coat each wedge properly.
- Now bake the item in a preheated oven to 4000 F for 30 minutes. After that reduce the heat to 3500 F and bake the item for another 30 minutes until wedges are tender enough
Nowadays we are dependent on internet whether to find the best meat slicing knife or to find a delicious exotic food item. On internet you will find various side dishes from various food websites. I have personally tried so many from them.
I have learnt that many of the items are not easy to prepare and takes more time than a side dish should take. As everyone always tries to prepare side dishes within short time so I have provided that kind of dishes that tastes so good with the brisket and with minimum effort.
I hope this will help you to make best dish for you and your loved ones to have great moments on the occasion in the year end.